Journey to Jamaica Genesis 1-15


The day began leaving my beloved Liverpool with warnings of storms and rain.

A 7am train took me to Manchester airport and check in was smooth and uneventful.

I still haven't grown out of that feeling when faced with airport security that I may have accidentally packed a bomb. The feelings of guilt are almost tangible.

The three hour wait at the airport flew by (See what I did there?) and I was soon onboard my Virgin Atlantic Airbus in seat A next to the window that I'd prebooked. I was unfortunately sat next to a 'spreader'. A spreader is a passenger of any shape, size or gender (although my experience shows them usually to be male), who likes to sit legs apart and who commandeers the central arm rest spreading over into your personal space. Being British I confronted him .......... in my mind and told him to have a little more consideration!

Anyway the 9.5hr flight passed without me watching a single in flight movie. The choice was a bit anemic so I decided to settle down and read my book (More of that in another post).

Atlanta airport was a breeze, well signposted and the fact I was transiting helped me at immigration without the usual fingerprint, hand-print, footprint, DNA test, questions about your family tree and all round usual interrogation that I have normally experienced at US immigration. (If your listening in on my blog I'm really sorry I do love the US, please don't stop me next time and give me a hard time ........ watch this space to find out more when I go to Charleston in May).

I arrived in Jamaica at my hotel by the equivalent of 2am. Exhausted but happy I checked in and fell asleep.

The adventure of a lifetime has begun. Watch this space for photos, thoughts and reflections. Hopefully as the blog progresses it'll become more engaging with a bit more interest.

Feel free to add comments in the spaces below. It'd be nice to hear from you all...




Comments

Popular Posts